[PD-dev] Problem building pdlua on MinGW (solved for now)

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Wed Sep 3 19:45:09 CEST 2008

Hi,

Thanks for the help, hopefully pdlua svn should now build (and run!) on
mingw with the only changes required being in the "user configuration"
section at the top of the 'Makefile.static'.

PSPunch wrote:
> ------------
> 1. Copy the following files to the same directory as Makefile.static
>   1) lua-5.1.3.tar.gz (My MinGW did not have 'wget')
>   2) m_pd.h
>   3) pd.dll

Added to the documentation.

> ------------
> 2. Modify lua.c
>
> - line:1271
>
>    Before:
>     extern void lua_setup(void) {
>
>    After:
>     EXTERN void lua_setup(void) {

Applied this change.

> -------------
> 3. Modify Makefile.static
>
> - line:5  Comment out (#PLATFORM = linux)
> - line:7  Uncomment (PLATFORM = mingw)
> - line:30
>    Before:
>     CFLAGS_mingw = -export_dynamic -shared
>
>    After:
>     CFLAGS_mingw = -shared -D MSW -D PD_INTERNAL -I./

Modified this slightly (no PD_INTERNAL, no -I which should go in the
PDINCLUDE in the user configuration section).

> (After `make -f Makefile.static')
> 4. Copy the following files to 'extra'
>    1) lua.dll
>    2) pd.lua

Added as a suggestion in the documentation.

Thanks again,

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org