[PD-dev] Alternative to Portaudio under Windows

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Sun Sep 14 17:42:12 CEST 2008

Hi,
the incredible latency under Windows is actually not caused by
portaudio.
It's rather used by the fact that a ringbuffer is used to transfer
audio data to the driver side. I don't know if the newer callback-
based implementation (pd 0.41 or so, see the pd audio dialog) is also
working under Windows - it should reduce the latency drastically.
gr~~~