[PD-dev] Alternative to Portaudio under Windows

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Tue Sep 16 16:59:19 CEST 2008

Hi Hans,

> I hear that using ASIO4ALL on Windows can help quite a bit:
>
> http://www.asio4all.com/

If my understanding is correct, this is more of a rapper which adds ASIO
support to hardware not designed to.
As a side effect it reduces latencies on mainly AC'97 chips which is fun
when working with on (mother) board interface, but is not so useful with
hardware that support ASIO to begin with.

Although that is just my view, I did try the latest version just now
which was not even close to virtually wire speed I experienced with the
same hardware under Ubuntu.

P.S.

BTW if Mathieu is around..
The gimmick of "advanced mode" labeled with a photo of Einstein versus
"simple mode" being George Bush seems to have been removed from the
latest version of this software.

--
David Shimamoto