[PD-dev] [PD] Building Externals

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Oct 20 18:02:41 CEST 2008

hi

moved this to pd-dev, as i think this is more appropriate....

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> That's the vague idea of the current makefiles there.  But since many
> people didn't want to change the existing makefiles within each library
> folder, almost everything is stuck into externals/Makefile.

that's why i would suggest something as simple as using
"Makefile.extended" which could live besides an existing "Makefile" and
make use of it (if this is feasible).

we then schould provide a generic Makefile.extended for building those
externals that do not need any more specific handling.

i would suggest following targets:
configure, build (default), install, clean

and the rest is in the Wiki http://puredata.info/dev/ModularBuildSystem
(by chance i sent the Wiki announcement before this email...)

fmgasd.r
IOhannes