[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-2206796 ] fixes intrepid build

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 30 06:32:17 CET 2008

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by megalegoland
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=2206796&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: pd-extended
Group: bugfix

Initial Comment:
 open() needs three arguments since intrepid uses /usr/include/bits/fcntl2.h

 There are two solutions, and I think we have to keep in mind that it is a security issue.

 with using -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE any user can acces to raw, AFAIU, while  using fcntl2.h and modyfying open() function in pdp_rawout.c in intrepid build only allow users and groups

attached is a simple fix with first solution

Date: 2008-10-30 06:32

Message:
For applying the second solution without breaking compatibility, I think
the patch should be applied only if the build system is on Ubuntu >= 8.10,
but AFAICS the pure-data/tags/pd-extended/0.40.3/packages/Makefile apply
all patches in pure-data/tags/pd-extended/0.40.3/packages/patches directory
on any platform.

It's only an OSX/Linux issue since pdp is only for those platforms, and
maybe in a near future fcntl2.h will replace fcntl.h in both platforms, for
renforcing security? I've no clue about how it is happening on OSX...

Comment By: Hans-Christoph Steiner (eighthave)
Date: 2008-10-30 05:20

Message:
Cool, it's a start.  But in order to include a fix for this, we'll need to
find a solution that works on all of the platforms.

Comment By: megalegoland (megalegoland)
Date: 2008-10-29 09:08

Message:
This attached fixes pdp sources files, but breaks compatibility with other
distributions and ubuntu releases

I hope you can do something with it
File Added: fixes-intrepid-build-.patch