[PD-dev] future of [declare]

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Sat Nov 8 02:55:52 CET 2008

Actually, I think it would be a bad idea to have an abstraction affect the
search path of the containing patch.  There would be no way for the patch to
know about the stuff getting added to the path until the abstraction gets
loaded... but you need the path in place to figure out where the abstraction
should be searched for.

I think (probably as you're saying below) that an abstraction's declarations
should affect only itself and things called from within it.

cheers
Miller