[PD-dev] future of [declare]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Nov 8 11:16:26 CET 2008

Hallo,
Miller Puckette hat gesagt: // Miller Puckette wrote:

> I think (probably as you're saying below) that an abstraction's declarations
> should affect only itself and things called from within it.

I think, that's what Luke meant, and I would agree here. Generally it's
not necessary and even against common sense for an abstraction's declare
to modify the paths of its parents. (If we want to have this
functionality for some exotic meta-programming techniques we should
implement this in a different object.)

Ciao
--
Frank