[PD-dev] poly library

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Nov 16 03:46:22 CET 2008

Hallo,

> - [rawpoly] allows for dynamic addition while each existing instance
> will keep it's state.  It also creates objects in the subpatch with
> proper $0 and $1.
> - [instances] uses one [route] for all instances

I think, the proper $1 can be pretty useful, especially when combined
with IOhannes' trick to detect empty creation arguments. The real $0
doesn't have a real advantage inside *poly, but it allows
copy-and-paste of the whole subpatch into a static patch, that isn't
generated dynamically anymore, which can be useful as a patching
utility.

The other changes are more cosmetic, I think, and here it's probably a
matter of taste if an additional wrapper or the added dynamic patching
is easier to handle.

I'm a bit undecided in this regard, but the wrapper has as an
advantage, that just by creating different wrappers one could induce
different types of *poly-behaviour.

I'm not a big fan of huge [route]s, though. ;)

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__