[PD-dev] [PD] problems installing pd-extended on archlinux

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Nov 30 18:35:09 CET 2008

moving this to pd-dev as hans has suggested.

fabio, if you are not subscirbed to pd-dev please do so at
http://lists.puredata.info

mbutubuntu wrote:
> I'm using gcc version 4.3.1 on Archlinux, please help me, I need
> pd-extended... I also have another question, what script must I run
> before compiling??
>
> auto-build-common             prep-auto-build-upload
> pd-devel-auto-builder.sh         pure-data-cvs-rsync
> pd-extended-auto-builder.sh         pure-data-cvs-rsync-checkout
> pd-extended-release-auto-builder.sh  run-automated-builder
> pd-main-auto-builder.sh

i don't know exactly (since i don't use the build-system), but
"pd-extended-auto-builder.sh" should your script.
(the other scripts are included/called as needed by this script)

i suggest looking at the script beforehand via your favorite editor.

hans is of course the one to know the details.

>>> That's an odd one, it's not finding very basic functions:
>>>
>>> GemPBuffer.cpp:158: error: 'stderr' was not declared in this scope
>>> GemPBuffer.cpp:158: error: 'fprintf' was not declared in this scope
>>>

>> it could indicate some "problem" with the compiler.
>> which compiler (gcc? version?) is being used?
>>
>> but still...GemPBuffer explicitely includes stdio.h which should give
>> you fprintf and stderr...

hmm, i just grabbed the archlive-20081118 iso-image and was able to
compile an uptodate version of Gem just fine (that is: without any
font-rendering, imagemagick nor movie(avi/mov/mpeg) decoding - i did not
install any extra packages just using the ones that came with the ISO-image)

mfgasdr
IOhannes