[PD-dev] PdLab installation request: glib-2.0

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Dec 1 09:55:53 CET 2008

moin Hans, moin list,

I've got the gfsm externals building here in a pd-extended-friendly sort
of way using a static local copy of the libgfsm sources by default.
According to the PdLab logs, the build is still failing

(http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/2008-12-01/logs/2008-12-01_01.51.47_linux_debian-stable-i386_pd-extended_run-automated-builder.txt):
> /bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc ... -c -o gfsmCommon.lo gfsmCommon.c
>  gcc ... -c gfsmCommon.c -o gfsmCommon.o
> In file included from gfsmCommon.c:23:
> ./gfsmCommon.h:32:18: error: glib.h: No such file or directory

Apparently, libglib-2.0 isn't installed on this machine (and probably
not on the other PdLab machines either).  Would it be possible to
install it?  The relevant debian packages are:

 libglib2.0-0
 libglib2.0-data
 libglib2.0-dev

Also required for the full configuration & build process are:
 libtool      (debian package libtool-1.4)
 pkg-config   (debian package pkg-config)

Again, these missing packages cause no fatal errors to the pd-extended
build process as a whole, they just mean that the gfsm externals don't
get built (which they never really did before, so probably no one is
missing them).

peace, love, & marmosets,
	Bryan

--
Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at ling.uni-potsdam.de      -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology