[PD-dev] pd and threads with pd~ : was Re: i can has svn commit access?

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Tue Dec 2 14:56:38 CET 2008

> So, i'd like to know it i'm to much optimistic, or if work on thread
> with pd will be obsolet when pd 0.42 will be out.

i didn't check the sources, but from the description in miller's icmc
paper, pd~ introduces a pipelined approach, i.e. adding one block of
latency when audio data is passed from one thread to another.
from my understanding, the pd~ approach is static, so a patch would need
to be written explicitly for the number of threads ...

pd~ has different limitations than max5's poly~, but is still far away
from a general solution ...

tim

tim at klingt.org
http://tim.klingt.org

All we composers really have to work with is time and sound - and
sometimes I'm not even sure about sound.
  Morton Feldman