[PD-dev] pd and threads with pd~ : was Re: i can has svn commit access?

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Wed Dec 3 11:53:07 CET 2008

> >> So, i'd like to know it i'm to much optimistic, or if work on thread
> >> with pd will be obsolet when pd 0.42 will be out.
> >
> > i didn't check the sources, but from the description in miller's icmc
> > paper,
> does anyone know where to fine this article?

i read it in the proceedings of the icmc 2008

> >pd~ introduces a pipelined approach, i.e. adding one block of
> > latency when audio data is passed from one thread to another.
> > from my understanding, the pd~ approach is static, so a patch would need
> > to be written explicitly for the number of threads ...
> well, if you can make an threaded_soudfiler abstraction based on pd~ and soundfiler, then it should be ok...

from my understanding pd~ provides a pipelining approach for
distributing signal processing to multiple threads ... the soundfiler
limitations are a different issue ...

tim

tim at klingt.org
http://tim.klingt.org

Linux is like a wigwam: no windows, no gates, apache inside, stable.