[PD-dev] pd-devel revival

Damian Stewart damian at frey.co.nz
Sun Dec 7 22:41:53 CET 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Yay!  Its my hope that we can build upon efforts like pd-devel and
> desiredata.  Standing on the shoulders of giants kind of thing.
>
> I would like to contribute to a community fork that aims to be Pd
> compatible, but really focuses on decentralizing as much as possible,
> by structuring things around a very small core and everything else as
> libraries.  I don't think we need a leader, I think we need to
> organize the code as a mirror of the community, which is quite
> decentralized.

lovely.

i think this could work very well, especially if we are able to keep what
we are doing in sync with Miller's continuing work on the Pd core, making
sure we merge in his changes as they come about, so that the community fork
does not end up out of sync with vanilla. patches built with Pd-community
should function correctly when opened with Pd-vanilla, for instance.

the more i think about this approach, the more it makes sense...

damian stewart | skype: damiansnz | damian at frey.co.nz
frey | live art with machines | http://www.frey.co.nz