[PD-dev] osc automatic routing

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Dec 9 09:25:31 CET 2008

Forwind info wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anybody know if there is a way to automatically send an OSC message to
> an internal PD messaging address which happens to be the same as the route
> of the OSC message.
> So for instance, an osc message arrives with route "/a/sample/route" and
> value 50, I would like to automatically send the value of the message to the
> internal message address of  "/a/sample/route".
> I would like to avoid having to explicitly patch this (using route and send
> and receive) as there quite a few.

btw, implementing something like this was the main reason to write
[matchbox] (in zexy).

the basic distribution mechanism is the same as frank has outlined.
however this doesn't work when using wildcard OSC-receivers.
that's where matchbox comes into play.
for a wroking example see the CUBEmixer[1]

fgmasdr
IOhannes

[1]
https://iem.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/iem/spatialization/CUBEmixer/trunk