[PD-dev] libmpeg3 on fedora

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Dec 11 14:53:02 CET 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> There are lots of users of Fedora and lots of packages, so I am sure
> there is a way.  Any Fedora users want to help out here?

so after all my rants i finally found out that fedora did exactly as it
should: while moving the headers around, they also provide a pkg-config
for libmpeg3, enabling the adept programmer to find the headers...

unfortunately Gem's configure did check for "mpeg3" rather than
"libmpeg3", so it didn't get this information.

i have (hopefully) fixed it now -- let's wait for tomorrows logs.

the fix's side-effect is, that the configure-flags for mpeg3 are now
renamed to (e.g.) "--without-libmpeg3" (instead of "--without-mpeg3"

mfg.asdr
IOhannes