[PD-dev] Pd 0.42-0 test 6 available

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Dec 11 19:28:07 CET 2008

On Dec 11, 2008, at 4:39 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Miller Puckette wrote:
>> I'm thinking the sys_pdexe is teh only way.  I try to avoid adding
>> junk
>> to the Pd API but in this case I think it will be necessary.
>
> speaking of adding things to the Pd API...
>
> is it totally out of your ways to
>
> - add a function that returns the version of Pd?
> something like "const char* pd_versionstring(void)" would be nice.
> this could be used to ensure that an external is running with a Pd
> version compatible to the one it was compiled against

Since the version will most likely be used for a numeric comparison,
and it is stored as a number, perhaps it makes sense to return
numeric types instead of a char*?

int pd_majorversion(void)
int pd_minorversion(void)
int pd_bugfixversion(void)

> - move the prototypes for using the loader-API from s_stuff.h to
> m_pd.h?

This stuff still needs to be exposed as well:

typedef int (*loader_t)(t_canvas *canvas, char *classname);
EXTERN void sys_register_loader(loader_t loader);

.hc