[PD-dev] pd-0.41-4 vanilla build fails on osx ppc

volker böhm vboehm at gmx.ch
Tue Dec 23 12:22:05 CET 2008

On 23 Dec 2008, at 04:20, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I don't think building FAT on ppc ever worked for me, that's why I
> added the --disable-fat option, which works fine.
>
> http://puredata.info/docs/developer/MacOSXFink
>
> If you set up your machine like the above instructions (you don't
> need Jack or Fink for vanilla), then use the pd-extended build
> system, you'll end up with a Pd-vanilla.app that works on Mac OS
> X.   AFAIK, Miller's whole Mac OS X build system is not included in
> the SVN.

ok, i see.
i gave it a quick shot, but ran into all sorts of problems, which
might aswell be due to me trying to skip "unnecessary" steps, as i'm
only interested in the vanilla version right now.

compiling pd on linux was such a simple and painless process that i
had hoped to find something equally convient for mac. i'll give it
another try some time later.

anyway, thanks for your comments.
volker.