[PD-dev] [patch] pd-devel: makefile.in: install lib stuff into $DESTDIR during install phase

mescalinum at gmail.com mescalinum at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 02:11:06 CET 2008

Miller Puckette wrote:
> Looks like I already took a "DESTDIR" patch sometime in the past, and the
> present one merely makes it more nearly correct -- so I just hand-adapted
> it into vanilla.  (new test release hopefully to arrive tomorrow once I've
> tested it on the usual machines)

ok.
actually pd-0.41-4 still needs those two patches to install properly:

http://pd-overlay.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pd-overlay/pd-overlay/media-sound/pd/files/pd-destdir.patch?view=markup
http://pd-overlay.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pd-overlay/pd-overlay/media-sound/pd/files/pd-cflags.patch?view=markup

(the patch about CFLAGS basically removes -m32 and adds -fPIC for making
it build on x86_64 machines, and also takes external CFLAGS (through the
CFLAGS env var) -- also it doesn't strip the executable, but this is
more Gentoo QA related)

--
FF