[PD-dev] maxlib's and Gem's scale objects

Loic Kessous loic.kessous at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 17:18:44 CET 2009

Hi list,

I recently start to work with Pd (I was a Max guy only before) and I'm
a little confuse about the 'scale' and range objects.

Apparently there are two scale object, one in maxlib/ and one in Gem/,
and when I try to create a scale object I get the one from Gem/ . last
moth it was cool because that was the one I was needing , but today it
is not :-).

I see that there is also a range object (deprecated), and I looked at
the code of it and of the maxlib/scale and there are apparently the
same object (by the way when I create a 'range' and ask for the help
it is not found). So for now I'm using range.

I was wondering how it could be possible to deal with this...

'scale' is the name of this object in max too, so it may be nice to
have the same name maybe (or maybe not???)...

I thought that maybe a kind of solution could be to force to create
the maxlib/scale when there is 5 arguments (Gem/scale need 4 only),
I'm curious to know if it is possible....

someone know this?

loic
---