[PD-dev] osc automatic routing

Forwind info forward at forwind.net
Sun Jan 11 17:42:29 CET 2009

Hi,

A late catch up on this (err 2 months)
I have done what you suggested below.

>>"/foo/bar 1 2 3"  or other arbitrary osc messages
>> |
>>[t a a]
>> |    \
>> |    [list split 1] (or [list]--"$1" would also work here)
>> |     :
>>[list split 1]
>>  |  :
>>  |  |
>>  [send]

I made one adjustment:

Going from left to right the first output of [list split 1] which outputs
the osc address symbol is sent to the right hand of the send object and the
second output of list which outputs the actual value is sent to the first
output.

The problem I am having is that when I send from my OSC client app two
messages a frequency and a decay message at the same time one after the
other in rapid succession. The messages arrive at PD in the correct order
but when they are parsed by the above objects  the values are swapped. So
the frequency value ends up going to the decay and decay ends going to the
frequency. After some investigation is turns out that the split message
outputs the integer first when a OSC message arrives therefore because the
way send works whereby it will only send when it receives a value the values
are swapped.

Again there is probably an easy way to fix this but I'm stumped.
Any ideas anyone ?

Conor