[PD-dev] seteuid vs. setuid

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Mon Jan 12 21:07:10 CET 2009

Wow, I fixed this bug in 0.40 but somehow failed to propagate the fix
to 0.41 and the new 0.42.  I'll go on and put out bug-fixed 0.41 and 0.42
versions.

I think the UID stuff is still needed to remain compatible with older versions
of linux.  I've never actually set a policy as to how far back to remain
compatible, but in practice I believe Pd is compatible back to W2K, MacOS 10.4,
and redhat 8.0.

Occasionally I hear from someone running Pd on BSD.

cheers
Miller