[PD-dev] -guiport vs other arguments

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Jan 13 01:15:48 CET 2009

So I have startup in both directions working,  ('pd.tk' starts 'pd',
and 'pd' starts 'pd.tk').  This means you can choose which wish shell
to use on any platform, and it'll use that one.  Here's how:

wish /path/to/pd.tk

This means you can easily use any 'wish' and run Pd with it. It also
makes it possible on Mac OS X to run pd in the Pd.app Aqua GUI, or run
it in the wish X11 GUI.   Hopefully it makes the code cleaner too,
much fewer #ifdefs.

Now I have a question: it seems that if I start 'pd' with -guiport,
then it seems to ignore any other command line arguments and dumps the
'-help' text.  Any reason why it shouldn't be possible to use -guiport
with all the rest of the options?  Anyone know how to do this? :D

"[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world today [is] my own
government." - Martin Luther King, Jr.