[PD-dev] Maximum length of sysex messages?

Alex x37v.alex at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 23:35:44 CET 2009

I am trying to get a sysex dump into pd, this dump is 226 bytes long.
I use alsa for midi.  I'm using pd 0.41.4.

I am able to send the sysex data from pd to my device, and the device
sends the data back [I can verify the dump with amidi] but once I
connect my device's output to pd.. I don't see the data in pd
[sysexin] or [midiin]

I've also tried initiating the dump from the device itself (a
synthesizer), I get the same results.. amidi -d will show it but I
don't see the data on pd's [midiin] or [sysexin] inputs once I connect
the device to pd.

So my question is: is anyone aware of a hard coded limit for the length of sysex
messages in pd?  I'd like to increase this limit if possible..

Thanks,
Alex