[PD-dev] Maximum length of sysex messages?

Alex x37v.alex at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 00:08:45 CET 2009

I made a little test which I've attached.

With alsa I can receive a maximum sysex message of 98 data bytes [100
total including the start and end].  I've tried this with a hardware
loopback (plugging my output into my input) and using a virtual
device.

With the default midi [portaudio?] I can receive 128 data bytes [130 total].

I've attached my test patch [it requires a counter that I've also attached].

Any idea where these limits are set?

-Alex