[PD-dev] how to contribute

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Sun Jan 18 23:19:29 CET 2009

hello,

This abstraction should work like your external.
So you can easilly use it on every platform...

But after more reflexion, i realize that the noise immunity is not very smart, since it is not constant over regarding the offset of the signal.
i.e : if f a time variant function and k a constant, local_max(f) + k != local_max(f+k).

i would prefer the use of a constant threshold better than a threshold depending on the amplitude of the signal.

So, i don't think i'll include this abstraction on the mapping directory.
unless someone have good arguments...

doing the same kind of analysis but with a constant threshold is just like using 2 mapping object :
hysteresis and local_max.
it's a pre-filtering technics, but with a "strange" filter.
hysteresis is a very good noise reduction filter for noisy data...
(i should develop more it's helpfile)

Cyrille