[PD-dev] locales and iemgui

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Jan 23 16:37:09 CET 2009

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I hear you about reusing existing code, but I think there are a number
> of code reasons to use msgcat:
> - it is a widely used standard, so its well documented (esp. compared
> to our code ;)

So, do you really think that Tcl's GetText 'format' is being used at all
outside of Tcl? It's not like it's the same format as used in GNU GetText.

> - there are existing tools to make translating easier

Which tools? Never heard of them.

> - a well debugged and optimized library

Do you need a well debugged and optimised library for accessing a
hashtable when the language already has commands for accessing hashtables
freely?