[PD-dev] adding pure-data to CIA.vc

Luke Iannini lukexipd at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 04:14:07 CET 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 7:01 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:

> On Jan 12, 2009, at 1:45 PM, mescalinum at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>> Does anyone mind if I enable the cia.vc stats reporting for the pure-
>>> data SVN? It's a built-in feature in SourceForge, just a checkbox,
>>> basically, in the Admin->Subversion section.
>>>

>> would be just sweet.
>> which is the target channel? #dataflow?
>
> Since there were no objections, I added the ciabot_svn.py script as an
> SVN hook.  Here's the cia.vc project site:
>
> http://cia.vc/stats/project/pure-data
>
> How about commit messages to #dataflow?
Yo, I've tried posting commit messages to a chat room before for
another project, and we just found it annoying - it also discourages
multiple commits since one is now considering how many "chat" lines
are going to be posted with every commit (I already have enough guilt
knowing my commits are clogging people's inboxes : ) ).

Sure, it fills in some space when there is not conversation, but when
there is actual conversation it gets in the way very fast!

Just my experience
Best
Luke