[PD-dev] pd-devel code structure meeting on IRC

mescalinum at gmail.com mescalinum at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 01:21:48 CET 2009

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Feb 6, 2009, at 5:15 PM, mescalinum at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> Now that the core of Pd-devel is working,
>> actually it isn't working on Linux (the main window shows up, but it's
>> freezed)
>
> Strange, that happened on one of Chun's machines, but not the other.
> This does not happen on my Ubuntu/Intrepid/i386 machine.  I've only
> been working on my laptop so far.  Could it be related to the font
yep, it was the  fit_font_into_metrics  procedure (I added a check for
preventing it looping, but it doesn't solve the font issue).
suddenly the 8pt font has decided to not fit anymore into a 5x10 cell.
this is a total kludge.

I'm still for having pd.tk decide the cell metrics for each font. you
can't force a font to fit into some pixel size. this is what happens
when you try to do it   :-S