[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-2566232 ] Gem right-click help broken: Win32 Pd-extended 0.40-3

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 7 19:58:00 CET 2009

Bugs item #2566232, was opened at 2009-02-04 20:40
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by whyameye
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=2566232&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: pd-extended
Group: None

Initial Comment:
running Pd version 0.40.3-extended-20080721 (released version) I get error "sorry, couldn't find help patch for "<insert Gem object here>" if I right-click on any Gem object and select "help" from the context menu. The Gem help patches are available, however, if I drill down to them through 5.reference -> Gem in the browser of the help menu.

Date: 2009-02-07 13:58

Message:
For the currently released 0.40-3 there's an easy fix:
 * Open Pd
 * Go to File -> Startup...
 * At the bottom of the dialog screen that opens, you will see a textbox
labeled "Startup flags:". Click inside the text box
 * Using the right arrow, move your cursor to the very end of the text in
the text box. Add one space, then type this *exactly* as it is here:
-helppath c:/PROGRA~1/pd/doc/5.reference/Gem
 * (note the space after helppath and no other spaces)
 * click "apply" then click "ok"
 * close Pd
 * reopen and the right-click for help patches should work

Comment By: Hans-Christoph Steiner (eighthave)
Date: 2009-02-05 00:03

Message:
Yeah, this has been fixed, but the Windows build machine died before I
could get the fixed release out.  John Harrison and Joao Miguel Pais have
donated the new parts, I just need to get the time to get that machine up
and running again.  Or someone else could try their hand at Windows
builds:

http://puredata.info/docs/developer/mingw