[PD-dev] removing diffs from pd-cvs emails

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Feb 11 17:35:49 CET 2009

Quoting "Hans-Christoph Steiner" <hans at eds.org>:

> Yeah, for short commits, that makes sense.  Maybe this will encourage
> people to write good commit logs :).  On the other hand, I recently
> commited a 1 meg .h file that has a giant 3D array filled with data.
> I cringed thinking that it would be sent as a 1 meg attachment to pd-
> cvs.

well, probably it is not such a good idea to have 1meg headerfiles in general.
afaiu, this was to include WAVs into the binary. a probably better
solution would have been to upload the WAVs as WAVs and include the
data in the build-process.
thus there would have been no 1meg logfile, and WAVs store data more
efficiently than .h files.

fgamsdr
IOhannes