[PD-dev] removing diffs from pd-cvs emails

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Feb 12 13:01:22 CET 2009

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> If it was a WAV, then yes.  This is a 3D array of floats:
>
> http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/externals/earplug~/

well, this is semantics.
the data you are including is a set of HRIRs.
to the best of my knowledge HRIRs are usually saved as WAVs (or similar
formats, like AIFF), and the bundled into a group by meta-information
like filenames, or paths.

of course you can decode the binary WAVs to a a human readable textfile
(like earplug_data.txt).

(the comments of earplug_data.txt illustrate what i want to say)

i still think, that the WAVs should be included in the CVS and the
earplug_data.txt (or earplug~.h) should be generated from them.
you might gain precision with a smaller memory footprint.

but of course, i actually don't really care about it.
but i think, such practices are rather bad examples on why we should not
have CVS diffs included any more.

fgdam,r
IOhannes