[PD-dev] pow~ in Cyclone [was: Re: stripping down Pd-extended's default libs]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Feb 16 22:58:58 CET 2009

Hallo,
Matt Barber hat gesagt: // Matt Barber wrote:

> At least we know it was an intentional difference:
>
> http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2008-04/061603.html
>
> For extended would it be possible to exclude cyclone pow~ from the
> library, or less drastically patch both cyclone and vanilla pow~ to
> throw a warning, as was discussed last april?

This is not related to Pd-extended which AFAIK doesn't include cyclone
as a library (a "-lib" loadable one), but when loaded as a lib, Cyclone
does some magic to even overwrite Pd internals. I made a little check
now and actually Cyclone then is very smart and aliasses the builtins to
different names.

Running "pd-0.42 -lib cyclone" gives this:

warning: class 'pow~' overwritten; old one renamed 'pow~_aliased'

and now the [pow~] behaves like in Max, while [pow~_aliased] is the new
pow~ from 0.42. That's pretty cool, actually.

Unfortunatly you cannot use the other cyclone objects without rewriting
[pow~] when cyclone is loaded as a library.

Ciao
--
Frank