[PD-dev] stripping down Pd-extended's default libs

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 11:24:47 CET 2009

hey hans,

if it's called "extended" and you strip it down to the bare bones,
then where's the extended part? Do I understand you correctly that you
want to restructure the whole library mess? maybe you should just go
for one big lib called extended then, that includes everything that is
not really related to special libraries like gem or pdp. I would
support a public decision making process that votes nameclashing
objects in or out to extended. but the most important thing is to
document what's inside. then people can reference to that set of
object classes and deal with exceptions.

eventually, I think users should not have to bother with namespaces at
all. I still consider namespace declarations in a visual dataflow
programming tool to be a hack.

btw, does the number of loaded libraries/object classes influence the
startup time of patches?

marius.