[PD-dev] stripping down Pd-extended's default libs

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Feb 17 13:29:10 CET 2009

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Frank Barknecht wrote:
> >How does minimizing the number of "loaded libraries" affect the goal of
> >storing preferences in patches?
>
> depends on what you mean by "storing the preferences in patches".
> one part of the preferences is the libraries to be loaded.
> personally, i think it is a good thing to explicitely require libraries
> in patches that need them.

Yeah, but IMO one has nothing to do with the other. Just because a
pd-extended user would be forced to manage preferences manually doesn't
make [import] a builtin or makes everyone layout their patches and
externals as Pd-extended does it neither lets it [declare] work in
abstractions. So I don't see how a minimized set of libraries affects
anything.

Personally I don't care what pd-extended loads and what not, but *if*
minimizing libraries should be done, then I think no library should be
loaded at all besides [import].

Ciao
--
Frank