[PD-dev] pow~ in Cyclone [was: Re: stripping down Pd-extended's default libs]

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Feb 17 22:02:24 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 21:20 +0100, Steffen Juul wrote:
> On 17/02/2009, at 21.06, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> > Hallo,
> > Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:
> >
> >> correct me, if this is wrong, but i understand, that overriding
> >> internal
> >> classes doesn't work with single-file externals. so the feature of
> >> overriding internal classes doesn't and won't work with pd-extended.
> >
> > I believe that's not quite correct: AFAIK overriding classes requires
> > that a file is loaded with "-lib filename". -lib also works for
> > single-file-externals and is still supported in Pd-extended for all I
> > know. :)
>
> So if you load a single-file-external without the -lib flag but just
> having it in the path does not override any internal (object-)classes?

as far as i understand, it is not possible at all to 'load' a
single-file-external without using lib, since it is shadowed by the
internal class, thus pd is never looking for it, since it finds the
internal class, that is already loaded. so you need to explicitly load
with '-lib' option on the command line, if you want to override the
internal class.

roman