[PD-dev] stripping down Pd-extended's default libs

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Feb 17 22:19:53 CET 2009

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, marius schebella wrote:

> eventually, I think users should not have to bother with namespaces at
> all. I still consider namespace declarations in a visual dataflow
> programming tool to be a hack.

So, why is it that it is a hack in the context of a visual dataflow
programming language and, I presume that you mean that non-visual and/or
non-dataflow programming languages are somehow different?

I'd say that declarations are annoying in any language, and
fully-qualified names are annoying in any language, but with some
languages and editors it's easier to handle it than in some others, and in
some it annoys more than in others.

Do you mean namespace declarations in particular, or namespaces in general
including full-qualified names, or do you just mean the latter, or just
long names in general?