[PD-dev] pow~ in Cyclone [was: Re: stripping down Pd-extended's default libs]

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Thu Feb 19 00:49:40 CET 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 19:28 +0100, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> >>
> >> this is both with (an imagined) Pd-extended 0.42
> >
> > Would this be any different with a Pd-vanilla+libs 0.42?  I don't
> > think there is anything particular to the Pd version in Pd-extended
> > that would cause this, but instead the way the libraries are built.
> >

> no of course not.
> my entire point was to show that it depends on the version of Pd (prior
> or post 0.42) rather than the flavour (vanilla or extended or whatever)

sorry for causing confusion. when i speak about differences in
pd-extended and pd vanilla i usually refer to the way of how libraries
in pd-extended are built and not to any difference in the core of
pd-extended and pd vanilla (which might doesn't exist anyway). so when i
mentioned an 'incompatibility between pd-extended and pd vanilla', i
actually meant to say 'an incompatibility caused by different ways of
how libraries are built'. i'll try to make that more clear in the
future.

roman