[PD-dev] pow~ in Cyclone [was: Re: stripping down Pd-extended's default libs]

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Feb 19 10:00:35 CET 2009

Roman Haefeli wrote:

> i think, that the question, why a new object [pack] is named pack is not
> rhetoric at all and isn't answered yet. so lets go again: why is [pack]
> from zexy called [pack]?

apart from the specifics of [pack]:
if a language allows the overriding of built-in methods, then i do not
see why a social codex (which is what you are asking for, right?) should
forbid it.
especially, if a language introduces ways to override built-in methods
after years of existance,  it actually encourages the overriding of
built-in methods.

i guess miller has spent countless of sleepless hours thinking and
rethinking how to do this best, so we probably should adapt to it.

fgmasdr
IOhannes