[PD-dev] pow~ in Cyclone [was: Re: stripping down Pd-extended's default libs]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Feb 20 08:08:05 CET 2009

Hallo,
Martin Peach hat gesagt: // Martin Peach wrote:

> I suggest that the first object to use the name 'owns' the name and any
> subsequently invented objects use different names.

I think, that's good for external and abstraction libraries (in the
repository), but Pd builtins should be free to use any name they want
(within reason) and not be forced to scan every available collection of
externals or abstractions if a name is taken. That's just not
practical, especially not for abstractions (of which I have thousands on my
disk, most of them local to a project of course)

Ciao
--
Frank