[PD-dev] pow~ in Cyclone [was: Re: stripping down Pd-extended's default libs]

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Feb 23 12:21:33 CET 2009

João Pais wrote:

> as I see it (if it matters), there are 2 pd distros, pd-van and pd-ext
> [although my view is that pd-ext should at some point assimilate pd-van
> - is there anyone out there that really sticks to pd-van, and doesn't
> use any externals, for other purposes than low-level educational ones?].

we at the iem are using pd-vanilla exclusively for both artistic and
research projects, on various scales.

of course we are using externals, but we definitely do not use
Pd-extended. And we don't see any reason to change this in the future
(so far, Pd-extended is incompatible with our workflow; which is not
necessarily a fault on pdx's side; but we are happy as it is)

fgmadsrt
IOhannes