[PD-dev] why using vanilla better than extended; was :Re: pow~ in Cyclone [was: Re: stripping down Pd-extended's default libs]

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 23 21:53:10 CET 2009

that's true, after making the question I thought that mainly the most
hardcore guys stick to pd-van, because it's easier for them to adapt it to
their needs, and there's more tradition with self-programming (enhancing
the core package). but I would dare say that for many
non-developper-users, pd-ext is much more used than pd-van. pd-ext is a
couple of decimals behind pd-van (and the windows version even more, as
the disk for it is out of order since last summer), but HC doesn't have a
grant to work on pd-ext.