[PD-dev] Proposals for object categories

Loic Kessous loic.kessous at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 12:37:01 CET 2009

On Feb 25, 2009, at 11:35 AM, João Pais wrote:

> just a couple fast general comments (must leave in 15m):
>
> - how about 3 (?) general categories, where everything else is
> organised?
> It might be easier to keep everything in mind.
>   - glue/control
>   - singal/audio
>   - GUI
> (probably there are more main categories?)

I would add:

- Graphics
- Video
and something like 'interfacing' where I would put stuff like OSC,
UPD , HID device, Wacom tablet, ARDUINO and everything else that can
be useful to make acquisition from devices except MIDI.

loic

> - maybe it's time easier to make a puredata.org page for this? and
> open it
> to the main list?
>
> will try to give concrete comments later.
>

>> Luke Iannini a écrit :
>>
>>> And, here's an example from my own sfruit/ collection:
>> i try to make some correction to add somes stuff...
>>
>>> gui/ (for extending, interacting with, or working around limitations
>>> of the IEMGUIs)
>>> ds-gui/
>>> ds-abs/
>>
>> input
>> 	keyboard/
>> 	hid/
>>> color/
>>> control/ (i'm guessing everyone has enough of these that we'll
>>> have to
>>> make this finer-grained)
>>> dialog/ (these are different manifestations of "dialog boxes" in Pd)
>>> gem/
>> network
>> 	OSC/
>>> list-abs-extended/ (these are list-abs that require objects not in
>>> Pd-vanilla (a restriction laid down by Frank long ago for list-abs))
>>> midi/
>>> sequencing/