[PD-dev] How to pass indeterminate args to a thread

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Thu Feb 26 19:47:23 CET 2009

Hey all,

I've got some simple threading code working, and it looks like that will
fix my HUP issues with PD and my gphoto external.

Problem I'm having is that I need to pass thread arguments as a pointer
to a structure.

Are there some PD types I can use to make this work? (A_GIMME?)

Or do I need to make struct that holds the *argv argc stuff, pass that
structure to the thread, and have it unpack the content?

Also my code function that executes the thread does not wait for the
threads to complete.

What is the best way to make my object output a bang when the thread is
complete?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
B.