[PD-dev] Proposals for object categories

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Feb 27 14:21:52 CET 2009

On Feb 27, 2009, at 5:52 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> João Pais wrote:
>>
>> exactly. in the contrary of the before mentioned libraries, these
>> are more
>> groups of externals compassing different groups: glue, math,
>> matrix, ...
>
> please someone explain to me the differences.
>
> this sounds all very nice on a piece of paper, but to which category
> does [pix_sig2pix~] belong to?
> - image (or even graphics, since i think that any segregation between
> graphics and images should _not_ be done anyhow)
> - signal
> - glue
> - misc
>
> mfga.sdr
> IOhannes

I don't think we should try to come up with an hierarchy in which
everything can fit.  pix_sig2pix~ can stay in Gem for now.  This
should be the standard libs of common things, which is currently split
across libs like vanilla, zexy, list-abs, creb, etc.

'You people have such restrictive dress for women,’ she said, hobbling
away in three inch heels and panty hose to finish out another pink-
collar temp pool day.  - “Hijab Scene #2", by Mohja Kahf