[PD-dev] Proposals for object categories

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Mar 1 06:54:15 CET 2009

This would be a good place to start.  I think having a [pd META]
subpatch will make accurate parsing easier, and allow for other types
of meta data to be easily added.  That's what we did with the PDDP
reference patch.

As for tagging, as long as it is not too hard to add more tags later,
I think that we don't have to spend a ton of time trying to come up
with the perfect set of tags.

.hc

On Feb 28, 2009, at 10:28 AM, Miller Puckette wrote:

> I'd suggest simply adding a commemnt like "tags: os midi oscillator" -
> then we can just "grep tags: ../5.doc/*.pd | grep -i midi" to quickly
> get a list of relevant patches.  It would also help to work up a
> list of
> commonly used tags so new help patches can re-use existing ones where
> possible - for instance, either "signal" or "tilde" or "~" but not
> chosen
> at random from the three :)
>
> cheers
> Miller
>
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 03:11:31PM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>> Hallo,
>> Luke Iannini hat gesagt: // Luke Iannini wrote:
>>> I just took a look at Max/MSP and they have a nice tagging system,
>>> as
>>> well as an excellent configurable filter on their file browser that
>>> ends up being a pretty elegant solution to many of these problems.
>>> Perhaps going the route of adding parsable tags to object help
>>> patches
>>> (e.g. a comment containing ##os ##midi ##oscillator (hm, quite an