[PD-dev] object naming (related to several recent discussions)

Loic Kessous loic.kessous at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 14:42:01 CET 2009

Hi,

it seems that there is several problems about objects from different
libraries that have the same names.

I wonder if a solution could be to keep things as they are,including
the way to call related to the librairie as:

[the_libA/the_object]

or

[the_libB/the_object]

but also

introducing copies of these objects with new more specific names (that
still have to be defined of course...) .

in this way, everyone will be able to use old patches, but
progressively it will be possible to make new patches without
specifying the name of the lib.

For the new names, I would suggest that in the case that the object
has a identical name in Max would keep is name (and by default if no
lib is specified this one should be created),
and the other get a new name. In this way, it may help people (like
me...) who have patches in Max 4 to convert them to Pd in an easier way.

hope that help

loic