[PD-dev] Proposals for object categories

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 3 12:10:13 CET 2009

> This would be a good place to start.  I think having a [pd META]
> subpatch will make accurate parsing easier, and allow for other types
> of meta data to be easily added.  That's what we did with the PDDP
> reference patch.

but in case the externals get organised through function (instead of
author/lib folder), the meta patches won't make much sense. how about
frank's (standard) idea of using the text files with short description?
each author/lib could have his name on that file - jmmmp.txt, hid.txt,
etc. Or adding a string, like lib-jmmmp.txt, lib-hid.txt, ...

btw, I never noticed why the meta patches were there. are they already
being used in any way, or that's a work in progress?

> As for tagging, as long as it is not too hard to add more tags later,
> I think that we don't have to spend a ton of time trying to come up
> with the perfect set of tags.

I would add that in general the discussion is slowing up a bit (that might
be the normal pace for mail discussions). How about putting a small page
with the most relevant sugestions, in order to try to make a decision? Or
leave it for the next time enough pd-people meet in the same room (with
computers and no beer)?