[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-2658526 ] Pd-0.42.4-Vanilla crashes when opening a patch

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 3 20:51:29 CET 2009

Bugs item #2658526, was opened at 2009-03-03 13:51
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=2658526&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: v0.42.2

Initial Comment:
I'm running Pd 0.42.4 vanilla compiled for 64 bit Ubuntu Intrepid.  I'm not sure if this is a general bug or a 64 bit specific one.

Opening some of my song patches crashes Pd rather frequently.  I'm not sure what it is about these particular patches, but they seem to kill pd most often when I'm running jack as opposed to oss, etc but mabye that has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, I ran pd in gdb and caught two different segfaults on 2 crash instances:

binbuf_text (x=0x2212c30, text=<value optimized out>,
    size=<value optimized out>) at m_binbuf.c:73
73	        if (*textp == ';') SETSEMI(ap), textp++;

word_init (wp=0x8, template=0xdd5b30, gp=0x11e04d0) at g_scalar.c:27
27	            wp->w_float = 0;