[PD-dev] cyclone and uppercase

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Mar 11 20:22:46 CET 2009

Hallo,

> The central and stated aim of cyclone is to provide Max/MSP
> compatibility.  As of Max/MSP 4.5 or maybe 4.6, they downcased all of
> the objects.  Therefore, in order for cyclone to remain compatible with
> recent versions of Max/MSP (we're talking like 5 years old), it should
> also work with the downcased names.  If someone can come up with a better
> way to support this, I am all ears.

I think, it would be better to update Cyclone's maxmode then instead of making
changes to the  library in general. I don't know exactly how and where this is
programmed, but it's activated when you load cyclone as a real library.

For example probably one could register [mousestate] as an object that Cyclone
will replace with [MouseState] in maxmode in additional to [MouseState].

Ciao
--
Frank