[PD-dev] UTF-8 for pd-devel (again)

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Mar 11 23:07:50 CET 2009

moin folks,

I believe I've finally got pd-devel 0.41-4 using UTF-8 across the board.
 So far, I've tested message boxes & comments (g_rtext), as well as
symbol atoms, and all seems good.  I think we can still expect goofiness
if someone names an abstraction using a multibyte character when the
filesystem isn't UTF-8 encoded (raw 8-bit works for me here too), but I
really don't want to open that particular can of worms.

So I guess I have 2 questions:

(1) what should I call the generic UTF-8 source files? (see my other post)

(2) shall I commit these changes to pd-devel/0.41-4, or somewhere else,
or just post a diff (ca. 33k, ought to be easier to read now; I've tried
to follow the indentation conventions of the source files I modified)?

marmosets,
	Bryan

--
Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at ling.uni-potsdam.de      -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology